Throughout the last three leadership training sessions, we’ve been discussing how to become a better public speaker. Today, we’re wrapping up the series with a few final tips to help improve your public speaking skills.
- End your speech with a call to action. Tell your audience how they should respond to or apply what you have just shared.
- Practice, practice, practice! Confidence comes from being prepared.
For today’s game plan, brainstorm some places you could practice your public speaking skills. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Public speaking course at your local college
- Programs like Boys & Girls Club or after-school program at the YMCA
- Church youth group or other ministry at church
Now, put these tips to work! Pick one or two of those places to reach out and get some opportunities to practice these tips. Keep track of your progress, it will encourage you along your way!
Becoming a Better Public Speaker (Part 1)
Becoming a Better Public Speaker (Part 2)
Becoming a Better Public Speaker (Part 3)