Last session, I confessed the most inappropriate word I use on a regular basis, and we talked about the first danger it poses. The word? Busy.
Today, I’m sharing the second danger of the word busy. If you missed the last session, you can find a link to it in the Resources section below.
- Busy is deceptive. Our Western culture has taught us that busyness equals importance. But that’s a lie.
- Significance comes from quality, not quantity. It’s about adding value to people and your community.
- Busy doesn’t lead to significance, it leads to despair.
- Fight busy by realizing that less is more.
Today, reflect on these questions:
- Are you significant? Use a 1-10 scale (10 being high, 1 being low).
- What makes you significant?
- Reflect on your answers to the previous two questions. Are you gaining significance by what you do or who you are?
Do you think being busy leads to significance or importance? Why or why not? Share your thoughts in the comment section, and let’s continue the conversation.