Father’s Day is this Sunday, and I’ve been taking some time to reflect on the lessons that my Dad has taught me for the past 37 years (as long as I’ve been around.) To honor and celebrate him, in today’s leadership training session, and next session, I’m going to share the top five lessons I’ve learned from my Dad (so far.)
- Lesson #1: Humor is an underrated yet powerful tool
- When you get someone to laugh, you make them feel comfortable, like part of a family. This helps build trust.
- Great leaders know that they can’t have influence without trust.
- Lesson #2: Don’t let busyness distract you from what’s truly important
- Great leaders don’t let anything or anyone distract them from their highest priorities.
What lessons have you learned from your dad? Take some time to reflect on this question, and the lessons you’ve learned. Feel free to share some of those lessons in the comments section – I’d love to hear how your dad has impacted your life.
Join me next session, where I’ll be sharing some more lessons my Dad has taught me over the years.